Martin works as a composer of concert, media, electro-acoustic and theatre music. His composition philosophy is to re-evaluate fundamental musical concepts by challenging traditional perceptions of melody, harmony and notation.
Corda Music has published a number of his works for the concert and student guitar repertoire:
Commissions include music for the theatre, concert hall, film and media:
- A Fantasy in Blue Rock opera
- A Comedy of Errors Incidental music
- The Vision for Soprano SATB choir and strings
- Prelude and Dance Chamber Orchestra
- Night Blues Multiple harps
- Moros y Cristianos Two guitars
- Sonata Violin and guitar
- Suite Piano
- Film – My Grandma’s Lady Cabaret – Fuji Films
The Toccata from 'Three Studies for Vibraphone' is a challenge in obtaining clarity and energy; I see it as a firework – a complete explosion, which requires absolute focus.